You’re not alone if you’ve ever noticed your fridge getting hot between the doors. It is a common problem with refrigerators that can be easily fixed.
The first step is to determine why the fridge is getting hot. There are a few different reasons this could happen, like:
- Blocked airflow
- Too much food inside
- The fridge is not balanced
- Poor insulation
- Dirty evaporator coil
- The door seals are damaged
- Defective thermostat
- Malfunctioning compressor
Once you’ve determined the cause of the problem, it’s easy to fix it. Read on.
Your fridge may be hot between the doors because of blocked airflow. It is a common problem with side-by-side refrigerators.
The airflow is blocked when the freezer door is opened, and the warm air from the refrigerator spills out. The cold air can’t get in to replace it, so the fridge gets hotter.
There are a few things you can do to fix this problem. One is to make sure that you don’t block the vents on the back of the fridge with food or other items.
You can also adjust the settings on your refrigerator, so it runs colder.
If neither of these solutions works, you may need to have your fridge serviced.
Too much food inside
All that food creates a lot of heat, which can cause your refrigerator to work harder than it should.
It can lead to problems like the fridge being hot between the doors or even a breakdown.
To avoid these problems, you should keep the amount of food in your refrigerator to a minimum.
Be sure to organize everything so the air can circulate properly and not overload the shelves.
If you have a lot of food, try to spread it out as much as possible.
If you follow these tips, you can help keep your refrigerator running smoothly – and keep yourself from dealing with the fridge hot between the doors!
The fridge is not balanced
When the fridge is not level, one side gets too much cooling while the other side does not get enough.
It can cause the temperature to be uneven, which leads to hot spots between the doors.
The good news is that this problem is easy to fix. Simply adjust the legs on your fridge so that it is level.
If your fridge has adjustable feet, use a spirit level to ensure it is completely level. Once it is leveled, the hot spots between the doors should disappear.
The insulation in a refrigerator is important because it helps to keep the cold air inside and the warm air outside. When this insulation is poor, it allows heat to escape between the doors, making the fridge inside hotter.
There are a few things that you can do to fix this problem.
One is to install a door seal or weatherstrip. It will seal the two doors and keep the cold air in.
You can also add some insulation to the area between the doors. It will help keep the cold air from escaping and make your fridge cooler overall.
Dirty evaporator coil
The evaporator coil is a part of the refrigerator that helps to cool the inside. It can’t do its job when it gets dirty, so the fridge will have to work harder to keep things cold.
It can cause the fridge to get hot between the doors, making it difficult to keep food cold and causing condensation.
There are a few ways to prevent the evaporator coil from getting dirty and causing your fridge to heat up.
One is to ensure you clean it regularly, especially if you have pets or smoke.
You can clean the evaporator coil yourself by removing the front grill and spraying it with a coil cleaner. If you’re not comfortable doing this yourself, you can call a professional to do it for you.
The door seals are damaged
The seals on the refrigerator doors are important for keeping the cold air in and the warm air out. When they are damaged, it causes the fridge to become hot between the doors.
If you have a refrigerator with a damaged door seal, there are a few things you can do to try to fix the problem.
You can buy a door seal kit online or at your local hardware store. You can also use some weatherstripping or caulk to try to fix the problem.
If you’re not comfortable fixing the door seal yourself, you can call a repairman to do it for you.
It’s necessary to fix the door seal as soon as possible because it can cause your refrigerator to run inefficiently and cost you more energy bills.
The thermostat is responsible for regulating the temperature inside the fridge; when it’s broken, the refrigerator can get too hot between the doors.
It can cause food to spoil and create an uncomfortable environment for storing food.
Fortunately, this problem is easy to fix.
All you need to do is replace the defective thermostat with a new one. The thermostat is located near the bottom of your fridge’s back wall.
It is a small, square metal box with two wires coming out of it. Unplug your fridge and remove the screws that hold the thermostat to fix the problem.
Replace the thermostat with a new one and plug your fridge back in.
The compressor circulates the cold air throughout the fridge, so if it’s not working properly, you’ll notice a big temperature difference between the top and bottom of your fridge.
You can usually hear the compressor running if it’s not working properly – it will make a loud humming noise.
If your refrigerator is hot between the doors, you should call a technician to look at it.
There could be something wrong with the compressor that needs to be fixed, or there might be something else causing the problem.
In any case, it’s best to have a professional look at it and fix the issue.
What to do if you can’t fix the issue
If your refrigerator is still hot between the doors, even after trying everything, it might be time to buy a new one.
A new refrigerator will have more features and last longer than an old one. If you’re on a budget, there are many affordable options available.
Be sure to do your research before purchasing a new refrigerator, as some are more energy-efficient than others.
Or you can see our fridge recommendations below:
- SLIM FREEZER AND REFRIGERATOR COMBO: 25 cubic ft. side-by-side fridge and freezer provides ample fresh and frozen food storage in a slim design and features a dual pad ice and water dispenser.Freezer Capacity:9.11 cubic_feet.Fresh Food Capacity: 15.46 cubic_feet
- CONVENIENT STORAGE: Features 15.46 cubic ft. of interior refrigerated space for fresh foods and 9.11 cubic ft. of freezer storage for frozen foods, and has gallon-size door bins for taller, wider items
- EASY ACCESS SHELVING: Adjustable, easy-to-clean shelving gives you more shelf space for easier organizing, and can accommodate tall wine bottles and wide juice jugs for customizable food storage
- KEEPS PRODUCE FRESH: Clear bottom plastic crisper drawer is humidity controlled for fresher and crispier fruits and vegetables, and slides out easily for removal of produce
- COMPACT SIZE: Measures 35.5" W x 33.81" D x 68.63" H for a perfect fit in smaller kitchens
- Dimensions: 20.09" D (Including Handles) | 16.92" Depth (Less Door) | Height to Top of Door Hinge: 33" | 19.09" W
- 2 Door Configuration - Top Door for Freezer and bottom Door for Fridge
- Adjustable Thermostat and Compressor Cooling for ultimate performance even in hot weather
- Space Saving Flush Back Design. Crisper drawer is ideal for preserving greens. Reversible door accommodates right- or left-handed use
- Built in Can Dispenser and Door Basket for 2 Liter Bottles
- Retro Compact Refrigerator uses R600a high-efficiency and low-energy consumption compressor, it can cool food quickly with lower energy. Leveling legs can adjust feet and keep level placement anywhere.Cooling method:Compressor.Amperage : 1.2 amps
- Product Dimensions – 23.74" W x 61.81" H x 27.48" D | Temperature range (refrigerator) – 32ᵒ F to 47ᵒ F | Freezer compartment –
- Glass shelves can separate your different types of food | A removable slide-out glass shelf provides more ways to organize your storage needs
- Galanz refrigerator can be controlled manually with the control dial from cool to cold to coldest, you can turn the knob to set the temperature you want
- Storage double door design, freezer compartment can be used for storing frozen foods or making ice cubes | The door offers a spot for your favorite canned beverages
In any household, a refrigerator is a necessary appliance. It keeps food cold and fresh, essential for a healthy diet. However, if the fridge is not working properly, it can be frustrating and costly.
In particular, if the fridge is hot between the doors, this must be fixed as soon as possible.
The cause of this problem may be due to many factors, such as poor insulation or a faulty compressor.
By identifying the source of the problem and fixing it, you can save money on your energy bills and keep your food cold and fresh.