A bathtub, also known as a spa or a shower, is an essential part of any home. It is a place to take a hot bath and can also be used for other activities such as washing your hair or shaving.
However, many people don’t realize they can also hide their bathtubs. By doing this, you can increase the privacy and storage space in your bathroom.
Reasons to hide an unused bathtub
There are a few reasons why some people might choose to hide an unused bathtub.
An unused bathtub can be a source of clutter and a safety hazard if not properly secured.
It can also be costly to have it removed or renovated, and it may be difficult to find a new home with an unused bathtub.
Finally, hiding an unused bathtub can make the space feel cozier and inviting.
Reasons not to hide an unused bathtub
If you’re considering hiding an unused bathtub, there are a few reasons not to do it:
- Hiding an unused bathtub can be a safety hazard. If the tub falls and cracks, water could leak and become dangerous.
- If you don’t use the bathtub for a while, the water can become stagnant and unpleasant to bathe in.
- If someone finds your unused bathtub and decides to take it out for themselves, they may damage it or worse.
How to hide an unused bathtub
If you don’t use your bathtub, it can waste space and water. There are many ways to hide an unused bathtub, so you can save both money and water.
Cover it with a rug
If you have an unused bathtub and don’t want people to see it, you can cover it up with a rug. There are many different ways to do this. Here are some tips.
First, measure the circumference of the bathtub and find an appropriate rug that will fit. Make sure the rug is large enough to cover the entire tub and not just the floor around it.
Next, lay the rug down in front of the bathtub. Be sure to position it, so it covers both sides of the tub. Then, use carpet tack strips or adhesive dots to secure the rug in place.
Finally, clean up any messes made while covering the bathtub, and you’re done!
Cover it with a curtain
Covering an unused bathtub with a curtain can be a great way to hide it and make it look more like part of the wall.
This is especially helpful if you have a small bathroom and don’t want to use the space for anything else. There are a few things you’ll need to do to cover the bathtub:
The first thing you’ll need is some fabric or fabric-like material. You can either buy some curtain fabric specifically designed for this purpose or use any kind of fabric that will drape over the bathtub nicely.
Once you have your material, it’s time to cut it to fit your tub. The best way to do this is to measure the circumference of the tub and then cut the fabric accordingly.
Make sure that you account for any extra fabric hanging off the sides or corners of the tub.
Fill it with statuary
If you don’t use your bathtub but still want to keep it looking nice, there are a few ways to do that. One way is to fill it with statuary.
This will hide the unused bathtub and look like a nicer piece of equipment. Statuary is also a great way to add some character to your bathroom.
Install a cabinet over the tub
A cabinet over the tub can be a great way to hide an unused bathtub. By installing a cabinet over the tub, you can create more storage space in your bathroom and create a more cohesive design.
There are a few things to keep in mind when installing a cabinet over the tub:
- Make sure the cabinet is large enough to fit over the bathtub.
- Choose a cabinet that matches your bathroom’s style and color scheme.
- Install hinges on both the cabinet and the bathtub doors so that you can easily open and close them.
- Cover any exposed hardware with plastic or wood shims to avoid water damage.
- Paint or stain the cabinet to match your bathroom’s décor.
Install a shower curtain liner over the tub
Installing a shower curtain liner over an unused bathtub can be a cost-effective and easy way to hide the tub while still using it. Follow these steps to install a shower curtain liner:
- Remove the existing bathtub by unscrewing the bolts that hold it in place.
- Measure the size of the existing tub and buy a shower curtain liner slightly bigger than the measurement.
- Cut the new shower curtain liner to fit and attach it to the wall with screws or nails.
- Replace the old bathtub with the new one, and line it up correctly so that the screws or nails attached to the new curtain liner are hidden behind it.
- Enjoy your newly decorated bathroom!
Installing a wall-mounted tub rack
Installing a wall-mounted tub rack to hide an unused bathtub can be a great way to increase the functionality of your bathroom.
This type of rack can hold a variety of items, including towels, washcloths, and bathing suits. By combining this type of rack with other features in your bathroom, you can create a functional and stylish space.
Put a piece of furniture in front of the bathtub
Putting a piece of furniture in front of the bathtub can be a great way to hide an unused bathtub.
Especially helpful if you have a small bathroom and don’t want to use the extra space for a bathtub. There are several ways to do this:
One option is to place a console or table in front of the bathtub. This will give you enough room to wash your hands and feet but not too much space to use the bathtub.
Another option is to move the toilet closer to the wall. This will give you enough room to use the bathroom, but not so close that it takes up space in your bathroom.
If space is tight, you can also try placing a towel rack next to the tub.
Build a wall in front of the bathtub
Why would you want to build a wall in front of your bathtub to hide it? Well, there are a few reasons. If you don’t use the bathtub, it can be a waste of space.
Plus, if you have kids or pets accidentally fall into the bathtub, having a wall between them, and the bathtub can help protect them.
Building a wall in front of the unused bathtub can work well if you’re renovating your bathroom and want to add extra space.
Just make sure that the wall is sturdy enough to hold up against daily use!
Install a hidden floorboard or panel beneath the bathtub
Installing a hidden floorboard or panel beneath the bathtub can provide an unused space under the bathtub that can be used as a storage area, for instance.
This is a benefit because it can help to save space in the bathroom, and it can also be explained as practical because it allows access to the bathtub from below without having to go through the rest of the room.
Place the bathtub in another room
There are a few different ways to hide an unused bathtub. You can move it to another room, place a curtain over it or put a tub mat on the floor.
If you choose to move it, measure the distance between the walls and the tub before you start. You also want to ensure enough space under the new room’s floorboards for the tub.
Here are three reasons why Place the bathtub in another room could be a benefit
- It can free up space in the bathroom for other things.
- It can create more breathing room when taking a bath.
- It can make it easier to clean the bathroom without having to step over the bathtub.
The last option is to remove the tub entirely
If there is no tub to use and you want to hide the unused space, the last option is to remove the tub entirely.
This can be done by cutting a hole in the floor and installing a shower or Tile floor. There are also companies that specialize in tub removal.
Before doing anything, consult an expert to ensure your chosen option is the best for your home.
The benefits of hiding unused bathtub
Are you tired of looking at your unused bathtub? Well, there are a few benefits to hiding it.
- It will keep the space looking tidy and organized.
- It will save you money on your water bill.
- It can help prevent accidents from occurring in the bathtub.
- It can make the bathroom look more spacious.
- It can make the bathroom seem cleaner and inviting.
- It can create a sense of privacy in an already crowded bathroom.
- Hiding an unused bathtub can be a fun way to surprise your guests!
- Finally, hiding an unused bathtub can add value to your home.
It’s important to keep unused bathtubs clean and free of clutter so they can be used more often. Hiding an unused tub can help make the space more usable and attractive.
Try using a storage cabinet or rack for overflow bath supplies, like washcloths and bath towels. Cleaning the tub regularly will help it stay in good condition and increase your chances of using it.