Have you ever had a plastic tablecloth blow away while trying to set the table for dinner? Not only is the tablecloth blown away, but often so are the dishes and silverware. It’s frustrating, isn’t it?
There are some reasons why a plastic tablecloth might blow away. One reason is that the tablecloth might not be securely fastened to the table.
Another reason is that the tablecloth may be made of lightweight material that can easily be blown away by the wind. Additionally, if there is a hole in the tablecloth, wind can easily pass through it and cause the tablecloth to blow away.
Fortunately, some easy methods keep the plastic tablecloth from blowing away.
How to keep plastic tablecloth from blowing away
There are several ways to keep your plastic tablecloth from blowing away.
1. Use weights
Using weights is one of the easiest ways to prevent a plastic tablecloth from blowing away in the wind. Weights can be as simple as heavy books or bricks or as decorative as garden stones.
To use weights, first determine how many you will need. You will need one for each corner of the tablecloth. Then, place the weights in the corners, so they are evenly spaced.
Ensure the weights are securely fastened to the tablecloth so they won’t blow away in the wind.
2. Tucking in the tablecloth
When using a plastic tablecloth, it’s important to tuck in the tablecloth so that it doesn’t blow away in the wind. Here are a few steps to tucking in the tablecloth:
- Flip the tablecloth over so that the back side is facing up.
- Fold the tablecloth in half lengthwise so that the two short ends meet.
- Take the left corner of the folded tablecloth and bring it to the right corner, making a triangle shape.
- Tuck the left corner of the triangle behind the right corner, so it is hidden from view.
- Repeat steps 2-4 on the tablecloth’s opposite side, ensuring that both corners are tucked in securely.
3. Drape the tablecloth over an object
If you are using a plastic tablecloth, it is essential to drape it properly to keep it from blowing away.
To do this:
- Start by folding the tablecloth in half lengthwise.
- Fold it in half again width-wise.
- Tie the corners together with a piece of ribbon or string.
This will help to keep the tablecloth in place and prevent it from blowing away in the wind.
4. Use a tablecloth holder
A tablecloth holder is a device that keeps a plastic tablecloth from blowing away in the wind. There are several different types of holders, but they all work the same way.
The holder is placed around the edge of the tablecloth. And then, a weight is attached to the center of the cloth. This keeps the cloth in place and prevents it from blowing away.
Here’s how to use it:
- Find a place to put the tablecloth holder on the edge of your table. It can be near the center or on one of the corners.
- Place the tablecloth over the top of the holder and make sure it’s straight.
- If there are any wrinkles in the fabric, smooth them out before securing them.
- Tighten the screws or bolts on the holder until the fabric is taut.
5. Use double-sided tape
Double-sided tape is a great way to keep a plastic tablecloth from blowing away in the wind. It can be used on the top and bottom of the tablecloth to hold it in place.
The key is to use enough tape so that it will not blow away in the wind.
6. Use windbreaks
One of the easiest ways to prevent your plastic tablecloth from blowing away is to set up a windbreak.
You can use any number of objects to create a windbreak, but some of the most common are bushes, hedges, and fences. You can use large rocks or sandbags if you don’t have those things around.
To set up a windbreak, place the objects in a line perpendicular to the direction of the wind. Make sure that the objects are close enough so the tablecloth won’t be able to blow through them.
You may also want to weigh down the objects at the bottom with something heavy, like sand or water.
7. Use a fan
When it comes to outdoor picnics, there’s nothing more frustrating than having your plastic tablecloth blow away in the wind. Luckily, there’s a way to prevent this from happening.
All you need is a fan!
The fan will help to keep the tablecloth in place and prevent it from blowing away in the wind. To use a fan, simply set it up next to the tablecloth and turn it on.
The fan will create a breeze to help hold the tablecloth in place.
8. Use clips
There are several ways to use clips to keep a plastic tablecloth from blowing away. One way is to clip the corners of the tablecloth. This will help keep it from blowing in the wind.
Another way is to clip the middle of the tablecloth. This will help keep it from blowing in the wind and bunching up in the middle of the table.
Another way to clip a plastic tablecloth is by using long clothespins. These can be clipped along the edge of the tablecloth. This will help keep it from blowing away in the wind.
9. Use a rug
If you’re using a plastic tablecloth for your next picnic, outdoor party, or other events, you’ll want to use a rug to keep it from blowing away. Here’s how:
- Place the rug in the middle of the tablecloth.
- Gather the edges of the tablecloth and tie them together with a piece of rope, ribbon, or twine.
- Make sure the knot is tight and secure.
- Tuck in any loose ends.
- And that’s it! Your plastic tablecloth will be protected from the wind and won’t blow away.
10. Use cloth napkins
One way to keep a plastic tablecloth from blowing away in the wind is to use cloth napkins to weigh it down.
Place a few napkins around the edge of the tablecloth, and then place another layer on top. This will help keep the tablecloth in place, even in a strong breeze.
Tablecloths are necessary for any formal table setting but can also be a pain to work with. Plastic tablecloths are notorious for blowing away in the wind, and it’s frustrating to have to keep adjusting them every time you try to set the table. Thankfully, there is a solution.
The easiest way to keep your plastic tablecloth from blowing away is to weigh it down with heavy objects. You can use rocks, bricks, or even sandbags to keep the cloth in place.
Using a disposable tablecloth, you can tape it down to the table with masking or duct tape. You can also try other methods above to keep your plastic tablecloth from blowing away.