When you have a tall bed, it can be challenging to find a bedside bassinet that will fit. Most bedside bassinets are only made for beds that are standard height.
However, some bedside bassinets are made for taller beds. These bassinets attach to the side of the bed and provide a safe place for your baby to sleep.
There are a few reasons why you might want to use a bedside bassinet for your tall bed.
First, getting in and out of bed can be challenging without hitting your baby’s crib. A bedside bassinet eliminates this problem.
Second, babies who sleep near their parents tend to cry less and wake up less often than those who sleep in separate rooms.
Finally, a bedside bassinet can help you watch your baby throughout the night.
When you have a tall bed, it can be challenging to find a bedside bassinet that will fit. Bassinets are typically designed for average-sized beds.
However, there are some benefits to using a bedside bassinet, even if you have a tall bed.
First, a bedside bassinet can provide a safe place for your baby to sleep next to your bed. This can make breastfeeding or comforting your baby easier during the night.
Second, using a bassinet beside your bed can help reduce the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) risk.
Third, having your baby close by can make it easier to watch them at night.
Fourth, They are typically smaller and lighter than traditional cribs, which makes them easier to move around the house. They also tend to be more affordable than cribs.
Consider using a bedside bassinet if you have a tall bed and are looking for a safe and convenient way to keep your baby close by.
While a bedside bassinet can be a convenient way to keep your baby close, it has some drawbacks if you have a tall bed.
If the bassinet is next to the bed, it can be challenging for the parent to get in and out of bed without waking the baby.
Additionally, if the bassinet is too close to the bed, your baby may roll out of it. If you have a king-sized bed or are taller, a traditional bassinet may not be suitable, and you may need to consider a co-sleeper instead.
What to look for
When buying a bedside bassinet for a tall bed, there are a few key things you need to consider.
The most crucial factor is the height of the bassinet. It should be high enough so that your baby’s head will not touch the mattress’s top when lying in it.
It would be best to ensure that the bassinet is wide enough to fit comfortably next to your bed.
Some bassinets come with attachments that allow them to be attached to the side of the bed, which can be helpful if you have a lot of space in your bedroom.
You should also consider the weight limit of the bassinet, as well as whether it has any special features like storage pockets or a rocking function.
How to use
When your little one starts growing out of their crib, it might be time to consider using a bedside bassinet next to your bed. This can be an excellent option for taller babies who still need close monitoring during the night.
If you have a tall bed and want to use a bedside bassinet, you’ll need to take a few extra steps to ensure it’s safe.
First, measure the height of your bed from the floor to the top of the mattress and ensure the bassinet is at least that high. If it’s not, you can add a platform or raise the legs of the bassinet.
Next, check that the bassinet’s base is wide enough to span the width of your bed. If it’s not, you can either use a safety strap to keep it in place or place it against a wall.
Finally, ensure that the bassinet’s canopy and side panels are short enough, so they don’t hang over the edge of your bed.
The best bedside bassinets for tall beds
When you have a tall bed, there are specific considerations you must consider when choosing a bedside bassinet.
The best bassinets for tall beds can be easily adjusted to fit the height of the bed. They should also be stable and sturdy enough to support the weight of a baby.
Here are three of the best bedside bassinets for tall beds:
- KEEP BABY SAFELY BY YOUR BED: A great alternative to bed sharing, this bedside sleeper keeps Baby close the slim base with wheels easily slides under your bed, sofa or chair making it a safe, separate space for your baby
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: 5 adjustable heights allow you to pick the height that works for your bed clear view | Mesh sides provide an unobstructed view of Baby and help with airflow
- AMPLE STROAGE: Large storage pockets on each end provide space for burp clothes, small toys or pacifiers
- EASY TO CLEAN: Washable fabric fitted sheet and 1-inch comfort mattress pad
- SIZE: Assembled dimensions: 31 L x 19.5 W x 41.5 H Inches | SAFETY CERTIFICATIONS: JPMA certified; meets or exceeds ASTM and applicable CPSC standards
- KEEP BABY CLOSE BY: As a bedside sleeper, the Skylar’s legs fold inward and outwards getting it close to the mattress. Wheels on the front legs allow easy adjustability. The mesh sides allow easy viewing of your baby and ensure full breathability
- DUAL USE: Unzip and roll down the mesh sides to convert the bassinet into a bedside sleeper. Lean in for breastfeeding or comforting your child. Five adjustable heights (Adjusts from 26.5 > 27.5 > 28.5 > 29.5 > 30.5”) Able to be used with a queen mattress leaving no gaps and is also easy on your back
- SAFETY FIRST: The Skylar is designed with your child’s safety in mind and meets all ASTM standards. It comes with the regulatory 1-inch mattress pad (34.5L x 20.5W x 1H inches). Recommended for babies up to 25 lbs or 6 months of age
- CONVENIENT FEATURES: Enjoy a quick tool-free assembly. The sturdy strap system allows you to easily secure the bassinet to your bed frame. Lightweight and mobile, enough to move from room to room for convenience
- STYLISH DESIGN: The Skylar is available with aluminium frames. It comes in fun and fantastic colors, allowing it to blend beautifully with your nursery. Bassinet dimensions are 35L x 22.25W x 30H inches
- STABLE AND SAFE: This premium bedside bassinet is crafted with the highest quality materials, including a sturdy iron and aluminum frame. We put your baby's safety first.
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: This two-in-one Anio bedside sleeper and bassinet has easy-glide height adjustment with safety auto-locks. 5 positions adjust to fit most adult beds.
- BREATHABLE: Lift open the side wall to position the sleeper at your bed and soothe your baby at night. The bassinet also has soft mesh panels for breathability and visibility.
- PORTABLE DESIGN: Easily move the bassinet from room to room and keep your baby cozy and close. 4 wheels roll smoothly and are equipped with safety-rated brake locks.
- COMPLETE SET: Suit for birth to 5 months. Includes mattress pad, 100% cotton fitted sheet and travel carry bag. Plus, both Bonni and Anio are meeting ASTM and CPSC Standards.
Some might not think of a bedside bassinet when furnishing their tall bed, but this is a great option.
A bedside bassinet can provide a place for your baby to sleep right next to you without taking up too much space. It is helpful if you are breastfeeding because you can easily reach your baby without getting out of bed.
Bedside bassinets are also great when your baby starts to roll over and wants to be closer to you.