A bathroom with a mirror as the backsplash can be stunning and fun. Not only does it add a decorative touch, but it also creates an interesting backdrop for all of the toiletry items that are typically stored on the counter.
In addition, a mirror backsplash can be used to create a unique look for your bathroom. There are many different ways to make this look. So get creative and have some fun!
Pros and Cons
When adding a splash of personality to your bathroom, a few things are as fun and easy as using a mirror as a backsplash.
But is it worth the extra time and effort? Here’s a look at both sides of the argument:
- A mirror can be used to create an interesting focal point in a bathroom.
- It can help brighten the space and make it look more spacious.
- A bathroom with a mirror as the backsplash can be used to create an elegant look.
- Mirrors are often cheap and easy to install, so they’re a good choice if you want to add something new but don’t have much money available.
- Mirrors are also double as shaving mirrors so they can be useful for both men and women.
- They’re easy to clean, so that they won’t get messy over time.
- The mirror can be a potential danger. If it’s not properly cleaned or maintained, it can become scratched and dangerous to walk on.
- It can be challenging to clean. Water can easily get trapped behind the mirror and onto the floor, creating a wet spot that is difficult to clean.
- Mirrors can also obscure views in the bathroom, making it difficult to locate things such as the toilet or sink.
- Mirrors can also lead to reflections on wet surfaces that can potentially cause accidents.
- A mirror can be very reflective, making it difficult to see in the bathroom if it’s dark. Additionally, if the mirror is dirty or scratched, it will also be difficult to see.
- If the mirror becomes dirty or rusty, it will start to reflect everything in the bathroom back at you – including any dirt or bacteria on your skin.
- The reflection in the mirror can be very unflattering if you have an unappealing physique.
If you have limited counter space or want to use less tile, a mirror may be the perfect solution for you.
What to consider to use a mirror as backsplash in bathroom
When considering ways to spruce up a bathroom with a retro flare, one of the easiest and most inexpensive options is to install a mirror as a backsplash.
Not only will this add character and charm to the space, but it can also serve as an effective way to brighten up the area.
Here are some tips for choosing the right mirror and installing it correctly:
- First, ensure the mirror is large enough to cover the entire back wall.
- Next, consider whether you want a traditional mirror or one with an artistic edge. A traditional mirror will have straight edges, while an artful mirror may have curves or angles.
- Choose a material that will look good with the rest of your bathroom décor. Some popular options include metal, bamboo, and glass.
- Finally, decide how you would like to install the mirror using drywall anchors or screws.
How to install a mirror as a backsplash
Installing a mirror as a backsplash in your bathroom can add more personality to the space and make it feel like a unique retreat.
There are several ways to install this type of mirror, so read on for an explanation of each option.
If you have a wall already partially or entirely covered in tile or another flooring, you can simply use the existing tiles to create the mirror’s backboard.
Simply measure the distance between the edge of your mirror and the nearest tile, and then cut a piece of plywood to that size using a jigsaw blade.
Then, use the plywood template to drill pilot holes into the tiles and screw your backboard screws. Finally, cover up any exposed edges with mastic or caulk.
Better option: using mirror glass tiles
The popularity of mirrors as a backsplash in bathrooms is on the rise, but there may be an even better option available: mirror glass tiles.
While mirrors can add a touch of glamour and luxury to a bathroom, they may not be the best choice for everyday use.
Glass tiles are more durable and maintain their appearance over time, making them a good choice for everyday use and special occasions.
If you’re looking to update your bathroom without spending a lot of money, mirror glass tiles are a great option. Additionally, they’re less expensive than mirrors and look just as nice. Here are some of our recommendations:
- 【Real Mirror】Made of silver-plated mirror glass, beveled edges and diamond-grade polished surface, high end production, more clearer and durable and others
- 【Package】Price for Box, 26 pieces/box, 0.22 sq.ft/piece,5.7 sq.ft/box, Size: L 4" , W 8" ,H 0.2”( 100X203X5mm )
- 【Enlarge and Bright Space】Beveled reflection mirror backsplash tiles have a classic look and create an illusion of bigger space in any kind of interior you choose
- 【Installation Tips】We recommend our customers to install these mirrorred tiles with netural glass glue or double-sided adhesive mat, you could cut them by using a glass cutter
- 【Usage】Rectangle 5mm beveled glass mirror could be used for bedroom, living room, dressing room, kitchen, bathroom,shower room and ec to decorate your home and also can be DIY material like mirror frame, candle holder or a base to display keepsakes, crafts, candles, artifacts and antiques.
- Size: 3x6x1/5 Inch (75×150×5mm), Price for Box, 15 pieces/box, 4.9 sq.ft./box
- Real Mirror Glass: High-quality diamond-grade silver mirror tiles, 3D effects, highly reflective, create an illusion of bigger space in any kind of interior you choose.
- Just Peel and Stick: Mirror tile has a self-adhesive backing, no additional glue required, easy to install, saves time and money.
- Individual Pieces: Beveled edge polished finish, easy to DIY, has multiple Laying methods, can be matched and used together with products of different sizes and colors to create different styles.
- Wide Usage: Peel and stick mirror tiles suitable for kitchen backsplash, bathroom walls, shower walls, and laundry rooms, brighten up a space and make it appear larger
- MESH BACK - 5 Facets Silver Mirror Glass Mosaic Tile Crystal Mosaic Tile mounted on a mesh
- PACKAGE - Sold by box. 5 sheets / box, 1 sq.ft / sheet, Chip Size:1.2 inch (30mm), Sheet Size: 12.5 x12.5 x 1/5 inch (318X318X5mm) not thin like others
- BUY GUARANTEE - Damaged tile replace for free; returns available
- HIGH QUALITY - Made of real glass, advanced cutting technology, neat edges without wearing
- REMODEAL - Suitable for decorative tiles and craft projects, like backsplash of kitchen/bathroom/bar etc, not for floor use
A mirror as a backsplash in a bathroom can add elegance and beauty to the space. It can also function as a display cabinet or area for personal belongings.
If you are considering adding one to your bathroom, be sure to select the right type and size for your needs.